English Editor Roles The Middle East Jobs Vacancy in Apco Worldwide Abu Dhabi
Apco Worldwide Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for English Editor Roles The Middle East. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
English Editor Roles The Middle East Jobs Vacancy in Apco Worldwide Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
English Editors, Middle East
We have a number of exciting opportunities for English Editors to join our growing Middle East region. The roles would suit candidates who have experience in corporate communications or business communications.
By joining our team, you will be working with smart and experienced colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to effect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
Successful applicants for these roles will be invited to interview at our London Office in early November.
About APCO Middle East
The Gulf Region is home to over 150 APCO consultants who speak more than 30 languages. APCO works with large governments, semi-governments and major corporate entities to manage their reputations in one of the most complex political and socioeconomic landscapes in the world. APCO has a strong track record of helping organizations navigate the Gulf region. We provide on-the-ground support, work at the highest levels of government, support several megaprojects and have created entire communications infrastructures concerning major brand initiatives and international communications efforts for a range of Gulf region clients by providing the best APCO has to offer.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Knowledgeable in comprehensive corporate and media-related communications
- Extensive insight into all major industries especially real estate, trade, industry exhibitions, healthcare, ICT, education, life sciences, manufacturing, and oil & gas
- Act as a final check-point for communication materials including news releases, media invites and feature stories before disseminating to the media
- Able to comfortably function in a tight deadline-driven environment
- Assist various client teams in writing news releases, media invites, Q&As, speeches, features, bios and other internal communication material such as corporate/business presentations in PPT or other such software
- Review, edit and rewrite all messages as required by team members
- Ability to understand the requirements of various teams and convey the client’s key messages adequately and appropriately through effective use of language
- Support teams by providing error-free media-worthy material
- Suggest, tip and guide client-handling teams on matters related to media requests
- Interact with the team members and support them in building accurate communication measures
- Efficiently manage deadline-oriented workflow of releases, invites and requests from various team members on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques or ideas at brainstorming sessions
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English Literature/Journalism/Communications with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Public Relations or Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a member of a corporate communications team preferred but not required
- Excellent grammar, editing, writing and re-writing skills;
- A wordsmith who is proficient enough to provide error-free releases/invites that can be accepted by the media
- Ability to recognize the key messages of clients and offer effective ways to forcefully convey those messages
- Capable of rapidly handling industry-specific research to add value to the releases and other communication material for the teams
- Completely thorough with local, regional and global current-affairs
- Quick with computers especially skilled in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook