Assistant Associate Professor Laboratory Sciences Molecular Biology Jobs Vacancy in University Sharjah Sharjah
- Assistant Associate Professor Laboratory Sciences Molecular Biology
- University Sharjah
- Sharjah SH
- 14 Nov, 2018 30+ days ago
University Sharjah Sharjah urgently required following position for Assistant Associate Professor Laboratory Sciences Molecular Biology. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Associate Professor Laboratory Sciences Molecular Biology Jobs Vacancy in University Sharjah Sharjah Jobs Details:
Assistant Professor at the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences is sought to teach theory and laboratory sections in laboratory sciences such as molecular biology and related topics.
The candidate will teach molecular/cell biology, and related topics and will participate in teaching general courses. The main duties of the candidate are as follows:
- Develop, update and teach courses in medical lab sciences with special emphasis on modern molecular and cell biology (e.g. bioinformatics) and related topics
- Teach introductory courses such as biology and human anatomy & physiology.
- Mentor and supervise the research work of undergraduate and graduate students
- Start a productive and "externally-funded" research program in his/her field of specialty.
- Contribute to administrative tasks at the department, college and university levels as required by his/her superiors.
- Comprehensive practical experience in molecular/cell biology and related fields such as bioinformatics
- Well acquainted with recent developments in cellular & molecular approaches to diagnose diseases
- Able to supervise the research work of undergraduate and graduate students
- Excellent professional writing skills (research proposal, scientific monographs, scientific reports, etc.)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills and proficiency in English; proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage class sessions with students from diverse backgrounds
- Computer literacy.
- The candidate should have a PhD in molecular/cell biology or a closely related field
- Postdoctoral training is a significant asset.
- Demonstrable research productivity supported by a visible publication record.
- Significant teaching and laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques
- Professional certification in medical laboratory sciences (ASCP) is a plus.
- Previous clinical lab experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English at the general and professional levels is essential