Great Opportunity with Hilton
The basic responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Clerk are the auditing, processing and timely payment of all hotel disbursements. He/she is also responsible for the preparation of certain expense analyses and for other reports and information.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Accounts for and audits all items on all purchase orders, receiving records and suppliers’ invoices.
• Accounts for and audits all items on all outgoing shipments and suppliers’ credit notes.
• Prepares invoices for payments (other than payroll) whether by cheque, bank transfer or other means and forwards to Accounts Payable Manager and SSC Finance Manager for approval ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Preparation of Employee cash advance, final settlements, House Funds etc.
• Ensures (in conjunction with the cost controller) that all invoices forwarded for either approval or payment has all supporting documentation attached.
• Balances suppliers’ monthly statements to the hotel’s accounts payable records.
• Follows up with suppliers’ on missing invoices or credit notes.
• Ensures that all invoices have been approved by relevant Department Head or person with appropriate level of authority prior to payment.
• Properly records, reconciles and prepares invoices for payment ensuring that correct general ledger codes and cost centre codes have been used.
• Ensure the payment deadline is met on every month.
• Is familiar with the Hilton Chart of Accounts and Hilton Analysis Codes (T codes) and the correct use thereof.
• Ensures the accurate and timely input of data to the accounts payable ledger.
• Completes all payable related journals for month end.
• Safeguards unused hotel cheques ensuring they are kept locked and secured when not in use and off limits to unauthorised personnel.
• Ensures supplier remittances are prepared and sent with payment.
• Ensures that cheques and other payment instruments are used in numerical order.
• Ensure all postings have proper back and forward the necessary backups to the Hotels Finance Manager.
• Ensures that any passwords or codes associated with payment mechanisms are not disclosed to unauthorised personnel.
• Ensures that all information relating to bank account details and balances is treated as confidential.
• Maintains an adequate and up to date filing system.
• Handles all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
• Minimises the risks of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practises are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
• Is flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month end.
• Ensures that deadlines are strictly adhered to.
• Prepares trade accruals at month end.
• Performs any additional tasks assigned to ensure that the cluster functions smoothly.
What are we looking for?
1. To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind and being proactive in a timely manner towards their needs and requests of customers.
2. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
3. To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
4. To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
5. To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
6. To contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel.
7. To actively promote the services and facilities of the Hilton Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
8. To perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
9. To contribute positively to by providing both guests and fellow team-members with courteous, hassle-free service and by seeking to always maintain a pleasant working environment.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.