Lead Analyst Middle East Oil Markets Jobs Vacancy in Global
Global urgently required following position for Lead Analyst Middle East Oil Markets. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lead Analyst Middle East Oil Markets Jobs Vacancy in Global Jobs Details:
Lead Analyst, Middle East Oil Markets
The Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Grade: 11 (For internal purposes only)
The Team: This role is part of Asia Analytics Team, which is growing and part of S&P Platts Analytics, with dotted lines to teams of global oil supply, demand, refining and trade flows. The Asia Analytics team is based in Singapore with offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Dubai, and interacts actively with many other groups such as global oil, NGLs, petrochemicals, biofuels, natural gas/LNG, coal and power.
The Impact: This position will have substantial responsibilities of research in elements affecting the Middle East oil markets (upstream crude oil, condensate and NGLs, downstream refining, oil trade and prices, petroleum product demand, supply and trade, and petroleum policies) in the global context, and presenting results in both written reports and client-facing interactions. The position will also have business development and client retention responsibilities for the Middle East.
- Opportunity to be responsible for important regional issues and work with a thought-leading and highly experienced team in the industry
- Develop your career by interacting with cross-commodity teams within the firm
- Develop by interacting with clients on a regular basis
- Opportunity to grow into higher responsibility such as a lead analyst/advisor and then manager
- Cover OPEC Monthly Production and Stocks using cFlow and URSA data
- Detailed demand analysis for the region (including power and gas demand)
- Follow trends in refining and petrochemicals
- Support NGLs production forecasts from Middle East
- Build strong connections to better understand geopolitics trends.
- Be responsible for developing inputs and outputs for Middle East oil markets analysis, working closely with other analytical staff within Asia Analytics, other teams and Platts Analytics at large
- Develop written monthly and ad hoc reports and forecasts
- Support and provide input into Platts Analytics’ wider organization, including Petrochemicals, Biofuels, Gas, Power and Emissions/Clean Energy
- Interact with clients to answer questions and present outlooks
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum eight years of experience in energy industry consulting, investment banking, equity research or equivalent professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, business administration, engineering, or similar field
- Excellent communication skills and superb in oral and written English (as most of our communication are done in English internally and externally). Must be able to effectively present forecasts and supporting materials to clients in regular reports, phone calls, emails, and web/live conferences
- Innovative and strong problem-solving skills to streamline processes and identify and implement improvements
- Ability to assess impact of policy issues influencing Middle East oil markets
- Strong skills at data mining and data visualization with available software programs
- Expert in Microsoft Excel. At ease using features such as pivot tables, matrix formulas and other advanced Excel functionality
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-directed and be able to work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent at data mining and data visualization with available software programs
- Experience covering the Middle East oil markets in the regional (East of Suez) and global contexts
- Understanding of economics/econometrics/refining modeling(LPs)
- Skills in Python
- Middle East Arabic capability
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.