Senior Financial Analyst Jobs Vacancy in University Sharjah Sharjah
University Sharjah Sharjah urgently required following position for Senior Financial Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Financial Analyst Jobs Vacancy in University Sharjah Sharjah Jobs Details:
The Senior Financial Analyst will directly support the Head of Planning and Financial Performance for all financial planning and analysis activities. The focus of the role is to provide critical FP&A functions including strategic planning, management reporting, performance management, commercial/operational decision support and effective business partnering.
- Prepare strategic plans, annual budgets and monthly management reporting
- Support the continuous improvement of the University budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop key performance indicators to measure both financial and non-financial performance
- Provide financial sustainability analyses at the organizational unit and program/course levels
- Identify business opportunities, formulate strategies to improve financial sustainability (revenue/costs) and allocate resources more strategically
- Develop business cases and financial models to support the strategic decision-making process
- Support the curriculum review, provide commercial and financial advice on existing and new programs (e.g. strategic fit, competition, demand, maturity cycle, teaching delivery options, pricing strategy, financial viability)
- Drive efficiencies and performance improvement through the evaluation of systems and processes.
- Contribute to the development of Business Intelligence Tools, dashboards, benchmarks
- Act as a true business partner. Develop an understanding of the financial implications of business activities. Communicate complex finance ideas to the business.
- Challenge business partner assumptions and goals. Provide value add advice to support decision making
- Any other projects or duties appropriate to the classification as directed by the Head of Department or Finance Director.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting or Commerce
- Membership of a recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA or CPA or international equivalent)
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent commercial business acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively and build productive relationships with a broad range of staff and stakeholders
- Self-motivated, ability to work effectively under minimal supervision when given clear and concise instruction and brief.
- Ability to exercise initiative, implement change and continuous improvement
- Ability to balance competing priorities to ensure planned and unexpected objectives and deadlines are met;
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to absorb high volume of information and translate concepts into practical business models.
- Experience in developing financial models
- Experience in business partnering: providing decision support and advice to senior management teams on strategic and operational issues;
- Experience in reviewing business operations and recommending improvement strategies;
- Knowledge of and experience in using Financial ERP and Business Intelligence tools or solutions
- Previous relevant work experience gained in a higher education environment (desirable)
- Experience in developing, tracking and reporting financial and non-financial Key Performance Indicators
- At least 5 year experience in a similar role