Sports Recreational Activities Officer Jobs Vacancy in Abu Dhabi University Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi University Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Sports Recreational Activities Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sports Recreational Activities Officer Jobs Vacancy in Abu Dhabi University Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
Job SummaryReporting to the department Manager, the purpose of this role is to enrich student life by managing and monitoring current sporting and developmental/recreational activities while reviewing the current programs and implementing new sports and developmental activities for non-competitive students. The remit will be to encourage and maintain a strong athletic community in ADU, competing in ADISL & HESF leagues, while supporting healthy fitness initiatives and increasing student reach and satisfaction together
- Manages, implements and monitors sporting activities for the campus community, inclusive of students, faculty and staff.
- Creates and manages a new developmental wellness and recreational activity program for students, faculty and staff with a focus on fitness.
- Manages, implements and monitors at least 2 competitive and 1 fun-based tournament/initiative per semester.
- Reviews current participation rates and reflects the findings, which impact student and University calendar management, with Student Affairs in order to positively affect quality management.
- Directs Sports Captains and team representatives to organize 'club' sporting events, both athletic and recreational, for community building and fitness related purposes.
- Assists all sports captains and officiating personnel and provides then monitors a menu of sports leadership educational training options.
- Encourages corporate revenue streams for SEDO. Sources, manages and monitors external corporate facility usage requests and sustains lasting relationships to encourage sponsorship and corporate-student cross generational working.
- Collaborates with other Student Affairs units to design and implement programs focused on fitness.
- Develops and manages and effective educational awareness program related to sport, fitness, health and wellness with support from the SEDO Manager and other relevant staff and faculty.
Community Outreach & Collaboration
- Partners with the UAE Higher Education Sports Federation (HESF) and Abu Dhabi Inter-University Sports League (ADISL) to develop and execute intercollegiate competitions and friendly matches.
- Hosts and travels to meetings with other Universities' sporting and recreation departments, to increase college-wide collaboration in athletic competitions.
- Updates sports-related guidelines to conduct official sporting events on and off campus, developing a specific SEDO Sporting Code of Conduct document to be issued to all sports students representing the University.
- Maintains and coordinates communication between the student body and the administration on issues related to sports and recreation.
- Serves as the ADU representative for external community events that require student participation by reviewing invitations and arranging the necessary logistics (i.e. transportation, team scheduling, parental authorization).
Sports Team Management
- Coordinates with the Clinic on campus, to provide proper medical supplies, and first aid kits for each team, as needed.
- Facilitates regular Emergency First Aid for all sporting, health and fitness personnel working with students and/or staff.
- Manages and executes official tryouts for each team at the beginning of each semester then monitoring students' athletic progress with team coaches, and prescribes conditioning workout plans, as needed.
- Develops and manages developmental style sports and activities for the non-selected students (those not making the teams).
Administrative Duties / Facility Management
- Sources, manages and monitors outside 'sporting academy' facility requests and ties in student coaching and staff development, liaising with Fortune Property management.
- Manages a new facility booking system for students and staff sports/recreation facility usage.
- Conducts monthly inspections of sporting and recreational areas, for safety and proper maintenance purposes.
- Generates reports to analyse student participation in events, number of activities held, expenses incurred and sponsorship received.
- Generates and compiles an annual student satisfaction report, which is submitted to the Manager, to be shared with university stakeholders.
Required SkillsYou should have Bachelor degree in Physical Education/Sports Management with 3 to 5 years of experience within a sports administration environment.