Faculty Lecturer Jobs Vacancy in Worood Scientific Private School Abu Dhabi
Worood Scientific Private School Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Faculty Lecturer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Faculty Lecturer Jobs Vacancy in Worood Scientific Private School Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
- Responsible for the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
- Involvement in professional activity.
- Consultation with students.
- Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
- Production of teaching materials for students for whom the faculty member has responsibility.
- Development of course material with appropriate guidance from the program coordinator.
- Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
- Acting as instructor of record or section coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
- Attendance at divisional/unit meetings, faculty meetings, and membership in committees.
- Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Head of their Division/Unit.
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering and preferably with industrial experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience preferably with teaching/training experience relative to qualifications, regard is given to teaching experience, experience in research, creative achievement, and professional contribution.
- A clear understanding of the academic sector.
- Student centered, and an aptitude to work with Arab youth.
- Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning initiatives, with a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning.
- Commitment to student-centered, project based learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development and current with technology developments.
- Other duties as assigned, to facilitate the needs of the Head of the Unit including conducting additional periods per week in a course related subject, if required.
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- Priority for native-Arabic speaker who is able to communicate effectively in English.
- Can work under pressure
- Value and strong work ethic
- Can prioritize workloads, delivering on time
- Possess strong analytical and information organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven time management skills
- A logical and methodical documenter
- Keeps up to date with current trends by reading manuals, technical reports, periodicals etc.