Service Desk Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Align Technology Dubai
Align Technology Dubai urgently required following position for Service Desk Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Desk Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Align Technology Dubai Jobs Details:
As a Service Desk Engineer you will be responsible for effectively, efficiently and promptly resolving issues related to PC systems/servers, production equipment, software and Align web applications for our production facility and local and remote office users. To succeed in this role you must be proactive, service-oriented, willing to accept responsibility, able to work within demanding deadlines, flexible, decisive and possess excellent team working skills. You should also be able to maintain your professional composure under stressful situations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
As a Service Desk Engineer you will provide support to end-users in EMEA offices including remote staff. You respond to customer communication regarding software/hardware issues received via phone or e-mail. You evaluate the nature of the problem, determine the appropriate solution and provide assistance to resolve the situation for the customer. You also accurately and thoroughly document information in the database(s) about each contact handled following defined parameters. You presents analyses and reasonable solutions clearly and concisely. You handle technical questions and issues efficiently, effectively and promptly. You recommend software/web corrections and enhancements.
- 1st and 2nd level desktop & apps deployment and support to end-users in EMEA offices including remote staff.
- Identity and access management for user accounts, systems and applications.
- 1st level network support, office LAN’s, as well as troubleshooting the WAN infrastructure (it will be required to work closely with distributed teams and vendors or service providers in different time zones).
- 1st line support for Cisco network & VoIP systems, including Call Centre.
- Monitoring and maintenance for server-room infrastructure, including MDF and other storage/server equipment installed in the server-room.
- Performing periodic and/or required maintenance in the desktop & back-office environments, including software deployments and updates.
- Providing accurate and complete documentation.
- Liaising with vendors/suppliers, service providers and external consulting companies for equipment purchases, repairs and maintenance.
- Participating as a member in various IT or cross-departmental projects.
- Some travel may be required.
We seek a Service Desk Engineer with:
- Software/hardware help desk and/or front line customer service experience.
- Knowledgeable in using software applications including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, customer management software, web and the Internet.
- Excellent level of English speaking, writing and reading.
- Requirements gathering
- Business Process Mapping and Fit gap analysis
- Creation of business process flows (as-is and to-be)
- Writing integration solution documents
- Assist colleagues and users in defining/reviewing acceptance tests (verification and validation) for automated systems
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity within the context of the overall business strategy
- Sense of Project Management
- Act as a resource for call handling and escalation to others in the departments and/or 2nd and 3d level support, including third-party vendors/supplier and service providers.
- With little supervision, respond to customer communication regarding software/hardware issues received via phone/e-mail and/or ticketing system. Evaluate nature of the problem, determine the appropriate solution and aid resolve the situation for a user(s).
- Possesses extensive knowledge of company processes, procedures and product information. Familiar with production and clinical/customer support structure of company, including but not limited to Engineering and QA.
- Accurately and thoroughly document information in the ticketing system about each request/issue handled or reported.
- Familiar with the company’s technical systems that are in use. Explains technical information in an easily understood manner
- Liaison with other departments to provide updates on current mutual topics/issues, participate in problem solving and development of mutual solutions and improvements.
- Offer ideas for procedures and processes to improve service and user satisfaction.
- Works to identify and resolve complex department issues. Presents analyses and reasonable solution clearly and concisely.
- Interact with employees in a timely, patient, tactful and professional manner. Handle difficult or sensitive issues following department guidelines efficiently and effectively.
- Meet departmental and company standards for personal and team performance metrics
- Recommend software/web corrections and enhancements to Senior Technical Specialists.
- Participate in special projects and/or training when requested.
Working at Align Technology
Welcome to Align Technology at one of the most exciting times in our history. At Align, we like to say that we “Create new smiles. Every day,” in all aspects of our business. At Align you are empowered to be innovative, creative, collaborative and hands-on. Align Technology is a global medical device company with industry-leading innovative products such as Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
What makes us a great place to work:
Make Your Mark: we are a global business, but not so big that you can’t make a huge impact on our continued business improvement. Bring your A game!
Innovation: Influence the game-changing technologies that are revolutionizing the dental orthodontics industry.
Work in a Dynamic and Growing Industry: Ask anyone for a list of the hottest and fastest growing industries and you will see medical and dental at the top!
Are you the Service Desk Engineer we are looking for?
We look forward to working with you! Together we can help patients smile with confidence for years to come.