Senior Windows System Engineer Jobs Vacancy in United Arab Emirates University Al-Ayn
United Arab Emirates University Al-Ayn urgently required following position for Senior Windows System Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Windows System Engineer Jobs Vacancy in United Arab Emirates University Al-Ayn Jobs Details:
- Solves windows server-related problems on a daily basis.
- In support of change management within the data center, provides the CSC with high quality documentation on all enterprise Windows systems.
- Monitors all enterprise Windows Systems and proactively intervenes to solve problems before they impact customers (ex. checks error logs for any critical and warning error messages, performs core dump analysis, monitors virtualization infrastructure, SCOM).
- Management and updating of all enterprise services running on Windows platforms (To include administration of the University’s Active Directory Domain and all Active Directory-related services).
- Responsible for Windows account delegation.
- Administrate Virtual infrastructure, this includes (VMware, Hyper-V, CITRIX).
- Responsible for Active Directory administration, SAN and Backup.
- Co-ordinates with vendors for support.
- Generates, develops and distributes statistical reports for management.
- Assists in server specifications, procurement, installation, administration and maintenance.
- Tests and deploys new enterprise servers and services.
- Automation of bulk operations using scripting methods like VBScript and PowerShell
- Administration of Enterprise Antivirus Servers, VMware Servers and SCCM.
- Administration of enterprise monitoring systems
- Performing standard administration responsibilities
- Participating in disaster recovery tests and planning
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise servers and backup infrastructure and communications flow and routing.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure
- Mentor and motivate junior members of technical support teams
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
- 5+ years’ experience in Windows server administration
- Expert knowledge of MS Active Directory required.
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012.
- Accountable and takes ownership.
- Experienced with Microsoft platforms such MSQL, SharePoint, and Exchange.
- Experienced with virtualization solutions (especially VMware) for creating Windows servers.
- Knowledge of using scripts (vbscript, powershell) to automate and manage the Windows environment.
- Knowledgeable on Linux operating system.
- Good communication skills & Report Writing Skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
- Knowledge of Virtualization using VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V.