Middle East Africa Public Policy Manager Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Dubai
Amazon Com Dubai urgently required following position for Middle East Africa Public Policy Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Middle East Africa Public Policy Manager Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Dubai Jobs Details:
The successful candidate will help us build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in government and other relevant organizations and help prioritize international, national, and regional government public policy issues faced by Amazon. You will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in these market segments.
You will become familiar with all aspects of Amazon’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region. This Dubai-based public policy position, which will also participate in the Amazon Middle-East & Africa Public Policy team, shall:
- Help develop regional government affairs advocacy objectives and policy/political priorities for Amazon;
- Help with positioning through industry associations/coalitions to the governments and local authorities to enable an unrestricted, transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the growth of Amazon;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with various Amazon business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Help assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and government sector market segment (revenue) opportunities and threats, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with Amazon business objectives;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between Amazon executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
- Help with administrative tasks for the regional head of region, from preparing briefings to supporting his activities.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology and the region, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to make frequent trips, within the region.
- Basic knowledge of and background in public policy/public affairs development pertaining to information technology-related (IT) issues, and based in Dubai, UAE.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels, in both English and Arabic.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the PA, PR, tech industry supporting local policymakers.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, etc.). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
- Experience working in or with a US- or European-based multinational company;
- Experience working on issues related to transportation, operations, and customs;
- Education or work experience on policy issues related to technology or regional polictics.