Student Life Coordinator Campus Fixed Term For Years Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi
- Student Life Coordinator Campus Fixed Term For Years
- Nyu Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi AZ
- 17 May, 2018 7 days ago
Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Student Life Coordinator Campus Fixed Term For Years. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Life Coordinator Campus Fixed Term For Years Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
The Student Life Coordinator is a member of Student Life, primarily supporting the Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership (SAIL) team, with a specific emphasis on First Year Experience. The position is responsible for logistical support for Marhaba, First Year Dialogue, and other first year and student activities programming. In addition to providing administrative support, the person in this position will support the program development of several first year programs, support assessment for various Student Life programs, and also assist with the planning, execution, and assessment of 5-6 SIG events each semester. This position supports the tracking and collection of Student Life data, information and photos, and creates reports for both internal and external stakeholders for all Student Life programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate logistics for Marhaba and visiting student orientation, the first year class excursion to Dubai, First Year Dialogue, and other student initiatives
- Collaborate with Student Life & Campus Life staff and liaise with external vendors as needed
- Collaborate with students and various on-campus departments to plan and execute 1-2 signature class-wide events every year, which meet the evolving needs of first year students and help them integrate into the NYUAD community
- Develop learning outcomes and assess the effectiveness of these programs; modify programming each year based on assessment data, and incorporate skillbuilding and self-reflection
- Work with Student Life colleagues to advise and support 5-6 SIG events a semester; identify opportunities for integration between first year and upperclass students
- Manage logistics for the annual RealAD show, working closely with several departments on campus
- Support assessment for various Student Life programs
- Create web portal content that will be most relevant to first year students and ensure it is updated Consult students on the relevance of portal content
- Manage payment processing for student leaders involved in Marhaba and FYD, and coordinate student assistant
- Promote first year and student activities programs on social media and in the Student Life newsletter; create and maintain a Student Life photo database
- Track expenses and manage payment processes and petty cash for first year programs and other student activities throughout the academic year. Compare invoices with actual expenditures and resolve discrepancies with the budget office
- Maintain expense and reimbursement records
- Supporting students by being present at student events and checking in with students
- This position works with all students but has specific focus on first year students
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience in planning and organizing events and schedules
- Prior experience working with and advising students within an educational institution
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings/weekends, especially during Marhaba
- Demonstrated awareness of and commitment to operating within the sensitivities of a diverse context and culture
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.