Bar Manager Library The Abu Dhabi Edition Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Abu Dhabi
Marriott International Inc Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Bar Manager Library The Abu Dhabi Edition. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bar Manager Library The Abu Dhabi Edition Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
- Being a Brand Champion – Has a deep understanding of the brand and a passion for delivering on brand values that is contagious. Helps others build their knowledge and expertise on target customers and how to successfully execute both brand and operational standards.
- Raising the Bar on Customer Service – Knows what it takes to deliver exceptional service for customers, continually diagnosing and evaluating customer needs so they can be met time and time again. Makes sure that employees provide quality service that produces high levels of guest satisfaction consistently and effectively.
- Acting as a Financial Steward - Determines how money will be spent to get the work done and accounts for expenditures. Knows how to effectively manage and use funds to meet business needs in a way that aligns with brand expectations.
- Managing the Business – Knows the business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Applies this knowledge to successfully balance all aspects of the business to deliver needed results.
- Driving Business Results – Understands market dynamics, market-level objectives, and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligns what employees and teams do with strategies and plans to achieve business outcomes.
- Managing Resources – Obtains resources (equipment, facilities, materials, etc.) needed to deliver on business commitments and ensures they are used appropriately.
- Manage the beverage and food services for on property bars and lounges, and implement steps to reach and achieve necessary results while staying true to brand values.
- This work requires a tremendous amount of control – whether that is local, state, and Federal liquor laws, or company policies, standards, and procedures.
- You are responsible for ensuring the bar is managed appropriately, that the staff is knowledgeable, trained, and compliant in every facet of their job. This extends not only to the liquor itself, but also to the cash and financial information that you and your staff come into contact with, as well as loss prevention and safety. All of these are key to making sure beverage operations are executed flawlessly and are table stakes for everything that follows.
- Implement new concepts and promotions for the bar, adapting as needed to ensure they are consistent with business needs and brand proof points.
- Serve as both a change leader and a change facilitator, championing new ideas and innovative approaches to stay relevant.
- Encourage creativity and take calculated risks to improve business outcomes.
- Take part in crafting and implementing beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
- Success will require active engagement in projects as needed to facilitate highly successful beverage operations across the property.
- Participate in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Own and controls inventory and payroll costs for bar/lounge, with thorough understanding of perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, beverage potentials.
- Craft menus that are unique and inspired while using promotions that personify the brand values to draw both hotel guests and local patrons to an uncommonly authentic experience.Leading Bar/Lounge Team
- Meet with your team regularly to understand their needs and help them meet their goals. Use those opportunities to set expectations and build brand awareness.
- Partner with employees to build and hold them accountable for achieving business goals, as well as development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
- Create an environment where employees know they are valued, ensuring fair treatment and respect. Build a culture of open communication, spends time with employees on the frontlines, and be available for them (“open door policy”).
- Give the brand a voice and showcase for the team how brand values can be translated into successful business operations. Model a passion for the brand that energizes and inspires employees.
- Set the tone for the team to follow and provides the tools (training, staffing, supplies, products) necessary to achieve and surpass business objectives.
- Prepare bar/lounge team by providing all necessary information regarding promotions and special events.Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Set the bar/lounge for guest hospitality and beverage services and delivers against them in ways that others want to outdo. Exemplify exceptional guest service and creates a positive and exciting atmosphere for guests.
- Stay on the pulse of what is happening in the property bar/lounge, and in the local area. Meet with guests to get their feedback and use that to continually up the ante on our products, services, events, and offerings.
- Observe our employees and give feedback to ensure we are delivering on our guest promise and brand values consistently.
- Lead by example and acts as the model of the exceptional customer service that the team can follow.Conducting Human Resource (HR) Activities
- Interview and hire employees with the skills necessary to meet business needs and embody the brand values.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a departmental orientation program to ensure employees understand how to successfully perform their job in line with expectations for the property, function, and brand.
- Follow the performance appraisal process for managers and give them regular feedback on their performance.
- Ensure all property policies are administered fairly and consistently, and bring issues to HR as needed.
- Ensure disciplinary process and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensure training classes are completed successfully and reinforce training concepts and brand values on an ongoing basis.
- Use the Labor Management System to effectively schedule according to business demands and to track employee time and attendance.MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Bar - Knowledge of general bar operations including local and state liquor regulations; liquor, beer, and wine brands; inventory management for bar operations; preparation and presentation of drinks; management of banquet bar operations; knowledge of Training in Intervention Procedures in the Service of Alcohol or equivalent programs to ensure fluency in safe service of alcohol.
- Bar Concepts - Promotion of beer, wine, and spirits to drive awareness and sales; marketing restaurant and bar concepts and events; knowledge of industry trends in food, beverage, and design to maintain competitive.
- Finance/Accounting - Knowledge and understanding of financial knowledge, controls, inventory, costs, expenses, and all cash handling procedures and policies.
- Food and Beverage Sanitation - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems; use of grease trap; trash compactor(s), Baler operation, dish machines, and other equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel, and dish machines.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area with previous experience working with luxury Food & Beverage external consultants/business partners and in a beverage nightlife environment.OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area with previous experience working with luxury Food & Beverage external consultants/business partners and in a beverage nightlife environment.