Engineer Power Supply Installation Design Jobs Vacancy in Alstom Dubai
Alstom Dubai urgently required following position for Engineer Power Supply Installation Design. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Power Supply Installation Design Jobs Vacancy in Alstom Dubai Jobs Details:
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
The Alstom-led consortium Expolink, also composed of Acciona and Gulermak, has signed a contract with RTA (Roads & Transport Authority) to design and build the extension of Dubai’s Red metro line, also called Route 2020, and upgrade the system of the existing line. The project involves the construction of a 15-kilometre-long line – of which 11.8 kilometers of elevated metro line and 3.2 kilometers underground metro line - branching off the existing red line at the Nakheel Harbour & Tower station.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Reporting to the Power Supply Installation team Leader, the Sr. Engineer Power Supply Installation Design is responsible for the installation, design engineering, coordination with various stakeholders for installation drawings, generation of project BOQ & shop floor drawings.
As senior installation engineer, you will collaborate with various engineering teams at site in providing Power Supply Installation Design.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:
Perform the power supply (for medium voltage, low voltage and traction parts) detailed installation design works which include and not limited to following:
- Prepare installation drawings including equipment layout, cables/feeders routing, cable trays/cable ladder sizing, cable duct banks, Bill of Quantities, etc.
- Carry out various sizing calculations for selection of cable ladder and mounting structure etc.
- Supervise the BIM drawings modelers and review & draw 3D models
- Prepare all the installation mounting standards & drawings
- Prepare all the earthing system mounting standards & drawings
- Prepare the civil works installation guidelines drawings
- Participate and prepare all the interface documents related to power supply equipment installation
- Coordinate with subsystems, client and engineers to provide coordinated installation design
- Support the site installation team and conduct regular site inspection and visits
- Prepare as built drawings and documents
- Evaluate the suppler documents & validate the supplier offers
- Prepare the method statements
- Prepare the interface control documents and Matrix
- Prepare the shop floor drawings and generate the specification and technical requirements
SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree, in Electrical Engineering.
- 13 - 15 years of experience in preparing installation documents for electrical systems.
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in Metro/tram/railway power Supply installation, red marks up, maintenance and project handing over engineering activities
- Preferable experience in Middle East region in metro/tram/railways installation engineering works.
- Basic Knowledge of Telecommunication and Signaling installation design.
- Basic Knowledge of MV, LV and Automation, Traction Engineering
- Good knowledge of EMC rules and standards
- Good Knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT MEP
- Fluent English, French and/or Arabic will be an asset
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Segment: Telecommunications, Telecom, Supply, Technology, Operations