Information Technology Manager Jobs Vacancy in American University Dubai Dubai
American University Dubai Dubai urgently required following position for Information Technology Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Technology Manager Jobs Vacancy in American University Dubai Dubai Jobs Details:
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to lead a team of Information Technology Services (ITS) support staff in providing technical support to the university’s user community of 150+ faculty/staff and 2700 students.
- Responsible for leading local support team (scheduling, training, etc)
- Prioritizes IMACs (installs, moves, adds, and changes) of hardware, software, network, and phone equipment.
- Works with academic and administration departments and students to assure ITS is meeting their support needs
- Develops information technology related procedures and policies
- Acts as liaison between university and corporate office, computer support services located in U.S.A.
- Maintain inventory for all IT related hardware, PC’s, software, licenses, and accounts
- Manages development/updates of university web sites
- Represent ITS and acts as technical expert on management committees
- Provides consultative services to university department heads, faculties, and the AUD Educational Technology Specialist
- Manages ITS budget using standard western accounting practices
As Network/System Administration Supervisor
- Provides Level-2 and Level-3 support for ITS staff managing campus network and infrastructure
- Develops plans, strategies and technical specifications for network optimization and expansion
- Manages day-to-day operation of system network
- Troubleshoots and resolves network communication and systems problems
- Ensures proper installation of hardware, phone service, and network connections
- Performs systems backups and data recovery
- Maintains network (data & voice) accounts
- Maintains security of network
As Database Administrator
- Manages day-to-day operation the university’s student information and financial systems (Campus 2000,PMS and Great Plains Dynamics)
- Provides Level-1 support in troubleshooting and resolving application problems
- Performs database backups and data recovery
- Maintains database accounts
- Provides user training
- Creates and modifies custom queries and reports
- Liaises with vendors and corporate support services for Level-2 support, updates and upgrades
As PC Support Specialist
- Provide Level-3 support for ITS staff, students, faculty and administration personnel
- Maintain a fully functional classroom and laboratory environment for students (PCs, network, multi-media) including managing student lab assistants when necessary
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems and resolve helpdesk issues
- Coordinate install, move, add, change, and warrantee repair with vendors
- Assist other Information Technology Services (ITS) staff with maintaining network operations
- Assists with modifying and developing technical and user support procedure manuals, reference guides and network and hardware related documents
Competencies and Skills Used
- Strong technical knowledge of the following:
- Windows 2000 Server and Windows Terminal Services (including system administration)
- Exchange 2000 and MS SQL 2000 Server
- Network hardware components (NICs, concentrators, switches, etc)
- PC hardware & software troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure to the following is desired:
- Macintosh hardware & software troubleshooting
- Linux / UNIX operating system and applications
- Applications including: Veritas Backup Exec, MS Access, Visual Basic, Internet Information Server, Visual Studio .NET, Oracle, and Java
- Great Plains Dynamics, Campus 2000, Crystal Reports
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Organization, and time management skills
- Customer focused dedication to effective service
- Leadership/management skills
- At least 4-5 years technical support in a network environment supporting various end users with at least at least 2 of those years leading technical support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Technical certification or proficiency in Core Products
- Strong professional recommendations
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Ms. Angele El Khoury
Director of Human Resources
The American University in Dubai
P. O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.