Head Installations Art Gallery Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi
Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Head Installations Art Gallery. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Installations Art Gallery Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Head of Installations to join the Art Gallery.
The Art Gallery at NYUAD presents an ambitious program of museum-quality exhibitions of art from contemporary and historical periods from around the world. The Head of Installations will oversee all aspects of the preparation and installation of fine art for each exhibition, as well as campus wide installations, adhering to museum-standard practices. The duties include highly skilled technical care, handling and installation of art in all media. The areas of installation include the Main Gallery, the Project Space, campus collection installation, and major site-specific commissions.
The position will encompass duties of a preparator, exhibition producer, and liaison with relevant departments, including Facilities, Procurement, Compliance, and EHS (Environmental Health and Safety). The position oversees functioning of fine-art storage and art handling technology within the gallery, in collaboration with the Registrar. In addition, the Preparator will supervise all handling of art in the campus collections, and install or supervise installations the Project Space Gallery in the Art Center and other art installations as needed, such as the annual Christo Award.
The Head of Installations is responsible for generating the exhibition production schedule and budget. Together with the Registrar, the Head of Installations will manage the exhibition production and budget, liaising with the wide range of vendors necessary to each project, and work closely with the Curators on the overall exhibition plans. They will supervise the design, fabrication, construction, and installation of all aspects of exhibitions, including preparation of gallery space for exhibitions; and preparation of objects to be exhibited. The Head of Installations’ art handling and installation expertise will allow for safe and timely presentation of exhibitions and care of fine art collections on the NYU Abu Dhabi Art Gallery, conforming to industry best-practice standards for risk management.
Design and physical production of exhibitions in Main Gallery
- Collaborate with the curators to produce a design plan for each exhibition, and create the timeline and production budget
- Execute the plan, from hiring vendors and coordinating shipment schedules with the Registrar to preparing the gallery space technical build-out, preparing the art itself, and managing the art installation, lighting and presentation, followed by de-installation and return of the exhibition
- Ultimately responsible for the safe handling of the art, including unpacking, installing, de-installing, relocating, and repacking work
- Responsible for install, upkeep and handling of art in gallery collection, campus collection, or work on loan to the university
- Manage any moves of work, address any technical needs related to the storage, or presentation of the work
- Supervise upkeep and address any issues with work on display or in storage, in collaboration with Registrar
- Design and implement collection storage plan, in collaboration with Registrar
Campus Exhibitions and Installations
- Manage all exhibitions in campus Project Space Gallery in Art Center
- Support art installations as needed elsewhere on campus
- College degree in, or related to, fine art or museum practices, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sophisticated, technical understanding of art handling, exhibition design, and museum industry best-practices as they pertain to fine art and material culture from contemporary and historical periods
- Ability to work effectively with mixed teams of consultants, technicians, and artists, under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly organized and capable of managing multiple tasks; creative and highly detail-oriented; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies, including internal and external to NYU and NYUAD
- Experience working in museums
- Experience with art exhibition projects in the Gulf
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.