Senior Manager Risk Compliance Jobs Vacancy in Gems Education Dubai
Gems Education Dubai urgently required following position for Senior Manager Risk Compliance. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Risk Compliance Jobs Vacancy in Gems Education Dubai Jobs Details:
Job SummaryThis role involves risk assessment and analysis, risk mitigation strategy, planning, mitigation development and implementation, compliance oversight, and advice to key stakeholders (Board, management and employees) on risk management. In addition, this position involves monitoring and reporting results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program. Effective partnership and teamwork with Corporate Departments at GEMS Head Office, Schools and other group companies' heads, their teams is a key success factor.
Business Risk Management:
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.;
- Risk assessment, which involves identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Review and assess existing relevant policies, regulations and measures to assess current status of compliance;
- Assess current compliance processes to ensure they are performed effectively and efficiently across the group;
- Provide timely feedback on necessary changes to promote a strong compliance function at the group;
- Respond to regulatory requests if and when deemed necessary;
- Report to senior management on a quarterly and as required basis on the compliance function
- Strive to understand insurance risks related to business function/processes;
- Review and assess all insurance policies from a risk management point of view; and
- Work with the Procurement Department to bid and award insurance policies.
- Develop the BCM/DR risk assessments and lead the effort to evaluate potential threats to business viability and associated risks one
Policy and Procedures:
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Implement the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and ensure adherence to them for process development and company operations
- Bachelors (BSc) in business;
- Qualification in Risk Management and FCA would be desired.
- A total of 8-15 years of experience in a related field;
- Education experience would be of interest;
- UK stock market experience would be of interest
- UAE experience in similar role would be desired.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Effective interpersonal skills to aide in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to present concepts and guidance to business leadership;
- Ability to lead and guide peer-teams through expert/referent authority;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exemplify personal and professional integrity;
- Demonstrate mature judgment, courteousness and professional demeanour; and
- Demonstrate skills in forward thinking and being able to prioritize work.