Projects Programme Directorate Manager Jobs Vacancy in Gems Education Dubai
Gems Education Dubai urgently required following position for Projects Programme Directorate Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Projects Programme Directorate Manager Jobs Vacancy in Gems Education Dubai Jobs Details:
Job SummaryThe Project Manager overseas a number of various GEMS Strategic Projects, ranging from New Schools and Extensions to Organisational Change projects in alignment with the GEMS strategic roadmap.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- With the VP - Programme Directorate's leadership, define the project governance structure for each strategic project.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, cost, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocate the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and internal stakeholders directly impacted by the project activities; maintain and revise the schedule as required on an ongoing basis.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Manage the project team according to the practices of the Programme Directorate's project methodology.
- Ensure that the project team receive an appropriate orientation to the project/s
- Maintain close co-ordination and supervision between project resources to ensure seamless delivery of the project/s as per scheduled timelines.
- Lead, manage and motivate project teams to ensure delivery of project/s.
- Mentor team in methodology and consulting excellence, encouraging best practice in project management and project planning.
- When required, provide day to day support and guidance to any additional Project Manager's onboarded, providing team support, alignment to departmental processes and mentoring opportunities for own personal development
- Support the VP – Programme Directorate to deliver accurate Programme reporting across a broad range of strategic projects.
- Prepare project progress reports on the project/s for the New Schools Management team.
- Monitor New School budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly)
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Manage risks and plan for contingencies to ensure minimal impact on deliverables, establishing a transparent communication process to escalate, manage and resolve issues.
- Identify and manage internal dependencies across GEMS functions and with external suppliers and regulators where appropriate.
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Ensure that all project information is appropriately managed and documented in accordance to policy.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Update stakeholders in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Support the VP – Programme Directorate to identify areas for project process improvement
- Support the VP – Programme Directorate to implement project management best practice standards where required
- Support the VP – Programme Directorate to implement required items outlined from Internal Audit reports / feedback
- Minimum of degree qualification from a recognised University.
- At least a PMP or any relevant Project Management qualification is essential.
- At least 4+ years of experience as a Project Manager in a related field.
- Proven track record in leading complex projects of change in a fast paced environment.
- Command of common office tools (e.g. Microsoft office suite, visio, outlook)
- Experience and ability to use Microsoft project.