Front Desk Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Rosewood Hotels And Resorts Abu Dhabi
Rosewood Hotels And Resorts Abu Dhabi urgently required following position for Front Desk Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Front Desk Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Rosewood Hotels And Resorts Abu Dhabi Jobs Details:
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Desk functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house counts and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff are knowledgeable on such.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
- Monitor revenues derived from telephone, garage and sundries. Track actual against budget.
- Monitor expenses (telephone, cost of sales, supplies, T/A commissions and labor). Track actual against budget.
- Prepare and adjust weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work duties to staff.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel to include Front Desk staff, Bell/Door staff, PBX staff, Reservations staff and Concierge staff.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are addressed.
- Monitor safe deposit box procedures; audit accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensure availability of keys.
- Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that express checkouts are processed through the system.
- Monitor the staffs' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with respective personnel.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contact newly registered guests after check-in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately.
- Document each call according to procedures.
- Ensure security of guestroom access.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
- Contracted banks
- Late charges
- Petty cash/paid outs
- Posting charges
- Making change for guests
- Cashing personal/travelers checks
- Payment methods/processing
- Settling accounts
- Closing reports
- Cashier reports
- Balancing receipts
- Dropping receipts
- Securing banks
- Review previous night's no-shows, verify and ensure billing of such.
- Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
- Audit surrounding area hotels daily for status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain current list of available locations for walk situations.
- Anticipate low occupancy periods and coordinate blocking of rooms with Executive Housekeeper to maximize labor costs, deep cleaning and maintenance of rooms.
- Review the arrival report for accuracy and completeness. Check printed registration cards against information on arrival report; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards. Monitor VIP arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
- Work closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Print special request report and block according to specifications.
- Balance room types daily.
- Print credit check report and review status of each account. Follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
- Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/ pre-registration procedures.
- Print and review masters for departed groups; check accuracy and distribute to Accounting. Review flag reports and follow up accordingly.
- Coordinate delivery time of amenities with Room Service, ensuring timely delivery.
- Review requests for late checkouts and approve according to occupancy. Communicate this information to Housekeeping.
- Review limousine request forms and chart information on booking calendar. Ensure that all pick-ups have room reservations and that all departures are still in-house; reconfirm departure times with in-house guests.
- Review all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
- Print report on discrepant rooms, research discrepancies and enter current status accordingly.
- Complete an inspection of all guestroom floors, public areas and restrooms daily and rectify deficiencies with respective departments.
- Complete bucket check nightly.
- Ensure that designated hotel entrances are locked at specified times.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on hotel premises and escort off property. Contact Security where necessary.
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Document pertinent information in department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
- All other duties as required.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience as a Front Desk Agent for a luxury or ultra-luxury
Education: High school diploma.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Familiarity with yield management and cost controls; ability to suggestively sell
available rooms; ability to input and access information into system; ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests; ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure; ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests; ability to work without directs supervision.
Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Licenses & Certifications: None required.